1. "Mandela: My Prisoner, My Friend" by Christo Brand
2. "Waiting is Not Easy!" by Mo Willems
3. "Sons of Wichita" by Daniel Schulman
4. "Everything I Need to Know about Christmas I Learned from a Little Golden Book" by Diane Muldrow
5. "Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening" by Robert Frost
6. "Santa is Coming to Kansas" by Robert Dunn
7. "The Storied Life of A. J. Fikry" by Gabrielle Zevin
8. "Kansas Landscape, Volume 1" by Mark Feiden
9. "All the Light We Cannot See" by Anthony Doerr
10. "Unbroken" by Laura Hillenbrand
01/16/2013 7:00 pm
Watermark is pleased to host the book launch for former Wichitan, Lenore Appelhans, for her debut young adult novel, Level 2. At the launch party, we'll have refreshments and door prizes, and the first 50 pre-orders will receive a great limited-edition Level 2 magnet!
About the book:
Since her untimely death the day before her eighteenth birthday, Felicia Ward has been trapped in Level 2, a stark white afterlife located between our world and the next. Along with her fellow drones, Felicia passes the endless hours reliving memories of her time on Earth and mourning what she’s lost—family, friends, and Neil, the boy she loved.
Then a girl in a neighboring chamber is found dead, and nobody but Felicia recalls that she existed in the first place. When Julian—a dangerously charming guy Felicia knew in life—comes to offer Felicia a way out, Felicia learns the truth: If she joins the rebellion to overthrow the Morati, the angel guardians of Level 2, she can be with Neil again.
Suspended between Heaven and Earth, Felicia finds herself at the center of an age-old struggle between good and evil. As memories from her life come back to haunt her, and as the Morati hunt her down, Felicia will discover it’s not just her own redemption at stake… but the salvation of all mankind.
Lenore Appelhans moved frequently growing up due to her dad’s US Air Force career. To date, she’s lived in six countries and visited nearly sixty. She currently resides in Frankfurt, Germany, with her illustrator husband Daniel Jennewein. Level 2 is her first novel. Visit her at PresentingLenore.blogspot.com, where she has been blogging about YA lit since 2008.