2. “Somewhere Safe with Somebody Good” by Jan Karon
3. “The Day the Crayons Quit” by Drew Daywalt
4. “Bone Clocks” by David Mitchell
5. “Under Magnolia” by Frances Mayes
6. “Empire of the Summer Moon” by S.C. Gwynne
7. “The Secret Place” by Tana French
8. “Sons of Wichita” by Daniel Schulman
9. “Colorless Tsukuru Tazaki and His Years of Pilgrimage” by Haruki Murakami
10. “Personal” by Lee Child
04/11/2013 7:00 pm
Watermark Books & Cafe is pleased to welcome Grant Overstake for a reading and signing of Maggie Vaults Over the Moon.
Maggie Vaults Over the Moon retells the story of Maggie Steele, a gutsy, grief-stricken farm girl from tiny Grain Valley, Kansas, who pours her broken heart into the daring and dangerous sport of pole-vaulting. Driven by a secret that she dare not share with anyone, Maggie struggles over many obstacles as she attempts to soar waaay higher than her critics think a girl should ever go. Gripping in its portrayal of a teenager's grief and thrilling in its vivid descriptions of the exciting sport of pole-vaulting, Maggie Vaults Over the Moon is an inspiring and uplifting read!
About the Author
Former Miami Herald Sports Writer Grant Overstake is a lifelong participant in the sport of track and field who competed in the decathlon for the University of Kansas Jayhawks. A multiple award winner for excellence in journalism, Maggie Vaults Over the Moon is the author's premiere work of sports fiction.