1. “Colorless Tsukuru Tazaki and His Years of Pilgrimage” by Haruki Murakami
2. “God and the Gay Christian” by Matthew Vines
3. “The Big Divide: A Travel Guide to Historic and Civil War Sites in the Missouri-Kansas Border Region” by Diane Eickhoff and Aaron Barnhart
4. “What So Proudly We Hailed” by Marc Leepson
5. “One Plus One” by Jojo Moyes
6. “Dirty Copper” by Jim Northrup
7. “The Mockingbird Next Door” by Marja Mills
8. “Pete the Cat’s Super Cool Reading Collection” by James Dean
9. “Sons of Wichita” by Daniel Schulman
10. “We Are Called to Rise” by Laura McBride
05/15/2013 7:00 pm
Watermark Books & Cafe is pleased to welcome Eoin Colfer for the first book in his new series, W.A.R.P . Book 1: The Reluctant Assassin (for ages 10 up).
"Readers mourning the end of the Artemis Fowl series can take heart: this first book in the time-bending W.A.R.P. series is an all-out blast." -- Publishers Weekly, STARRED review
This first book in a new series by the internationally best-selling Eoin Colfer is a high-stakes, high-tech pursuit through time. Think "Oliver Twist" meets "The Matrix."
Riley, a teen orphan boy living in Victorian London, has had the misfortune of being apprenticed to Albert Garrick, an illusionist who has fallen on difficult times and now uses his unique conjuring skills to gain access to victims' dwellings. On one such escapade, Garrick brings his reluctant apprentice along and urges him to commit his first killing. Riley is saved from having to commit the grisly act when the intended victim turns out to be a scientist from the future, part of the FBI's Witness Anonymous Relocation Program (WARP) Riley is unwittingly transported via wormhole to modern day London, followed closely by Garrick.
In modern London, Riley is helped by Chevron Savano, a nineteen-year-old FBI agent sent to London as punishment after a disastrous undercover, anti-terrorist operation in Los Angeles. Together Riley and Chevie must evade Garrick, who has been fundamentally altered by his trip through the wormhole. Garrick is now not only evil, but he also possesses all of the scientist's knowledge. He is determined to track Riley down and use the timekey in Chevie's possession to make his way back to Victorian London where he can literally change the world.
Eoin Colfer is the New York Times best-selling author of the Artemis Fowl series, Airman, Half Moon Investigations, The Supernaturalist, Eoin Colfer’s Legend of... books, The Wish List, Benny and Omar; and Benny and Babe. He lives in Ireland with his wife and two children.