2. “The Ultimate Woody Allen Film Companion” by Jason Bailey
3. “The Strat in the Attic” by Deke Dickerson
4. “Tinkers” by Paul Harding
5. “Rebel Yell” by S.C. Gwynne
6. “The Maltese Falcon” by Dashiell Hammett
7. “A Lion in Paris” by Beatrice Alemagna
8. “The Blood of Olympus” by Rick Riordan
9. “The Book With No Pictures” by B.J. Novak
10. “Once Upon an Alphabet” by Oliver Jeffers
01/15/2013 7:00 pm
Watermark Books & Cafe is pleased to welcome Bill Roorbach for a reading and signing of his book, Life Among Giants.
The reading and signing begin at 7:00 p.m. and Dinner + begins at 6:00 p.m. Purchase tickets for Dinner + below or by calling the bookstore at 316-682-1181.
LIFE AMONG GIANTS is the story of David "Lizard" Hochmeyer, who at 17 is nearly seven feet tall, the star quarterback of his high school football team, and Princeton-bound. His life seems as if it’s going to turn out perfectly, until his parents are mysteriously gunned down in front of his eyes. Lizard and his sister Kate, suddenly parentless, are left adrift and full of questions about what secrets lie behind their murders. As Kate and Lizard attempt to find their way in the world (Kate onto Yale, Lizard eventually playing for the Miami Dolphins and then starting his own restaurant), they return time and again to the mysterious briefcase their father left behind, his potentially shady dealings, shaky money situation, and finally
—the glamorous couple living in the mansion down the street. than either of them had realized. It only takes a lifetime to set things right again for Lizard, but it’s a journey that takes him to some unlikely places before he finds the answers.